Lists and goals make my world go ‘round. So of course I love the way that Sara at Feeding the Soil takes time each month to reflect on her previous month’s goals and to set new ones for the upcoming month. I was inspired to start doing the same thing by writing down my yearly and monthly goals in a notebook and referring to it throughout the month.
This system has helped me to prioritize things that I want to get done. I can easily overwhelm myself with all the things I want to do and this system helps me to focus my energy on a few things over a month. When I get something done I love checking it off my list!
My goals for June 2011 are:
- Send wedding presents to the two dear friends whose weddings I attended in April.
- Write the summer edition of our neighborhood newsletter that I publish
- Begin reading the book that I agreed to review for Environmental Practice (my review is due August 15)
- Organize a get-together with our neighbors
- Go running (I’ve been going to spin class regularly but haven’t been able to get back into a running routine in awhile)
- Make a dentist appointment
- Continue working on my blog
- Work on gathering materials for my cubicle makeover